Dry Rot - Ask Your Real Estate Agent Before Buying London Real Estate or Homes in Markham, Toronto or Guelph

Dry Rot - Ask Your Real Estate Agent Before Buying London Real Estate or Homes in Markham, Toronto or Guelph

If you're thinking about purchasing a piece of New York or London Ontario real estate property and you aren't quite sure what steps you should be taking to ensure that you purchase a home without any defaults or major defects then you need to make sure that you hire a competent real estate agent that will guide you along the way. The first piece of advice they'll give you when looking at New York or Guelph homes for sale is to never make an offer on a home you're interested in without getting it inspected first!

The only way to make sure the home you want to buy is perfect and doesn't need any major work done to it is to hire a professional home inspector to give it a thorough inspection. While you feel that you may be able to inspect real estate in Riverdale Toronto or New York yourself the fact of the matter is that home inspectors are trained to inspect homes and look for things you wouldn't even think to consider looking for or know how to search for in the first place like dry rot!

Dry rot is known as a wood-destroying fungus that can be found in timbers used to build homes and if a home is found to be dealing with a dry rot problem it's going to take a lot of time, energy and money to fix the problem, which is something you would like to avoid when shopping for New York or Bradford houses for sale. Dry rot is more dangerous to find in homes than wet rot is because of its ability to spread onto other non-timber building materials quickly. One of the least favorite items to be found on a home inspection report is dry rot and it's pretty easy to figure out why, with it's quick traveling ability and the major repair costs that come with it.

If you think the only thing you need to inspect a home you want to buy is your own set of eyes you're going to be in for a rude awakening if you move into your new home and find signs of dry rot like darkened wood, wood shrinks, mushroom like skin on wood, and a musty or damp odor, amongst many other signs. Not everyone knows what dry rot looks like and you don't want to be one of those foolish home buyers that doesn't get a home inspected because you think you've got it covered.

Listen to your New York or Guelph real estate agent and hire a home inspection or you'll risk purchasing a home that has structural damage because of a dry rot problem you were unaware of.

Copyright (c) 2008 -